Huawei’s B818 4G router is a gigabit modem capable of delivering up to 1.6 Gb/s in downlink speeds using its Category-19 LTE Advanced Pro chipset.
This headline data rate is capable through advanced wireless technologies including 4×4 MIMO, 256QAM modulation, and Quad-carrier aggregation.
The B818 modem is very popular for users looking to make the most out of the latest 4G LTE upgrades, often providing data speeds nearing that of 5G networks.
The Huawei B818 modem can automatically select and seamlessly switch to the band with stronger signals. Supporting both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands, the router delivers super-fast Wi-Fi speed up to 1167 Mb/s, and also offers stable wireless connection in more rooms. Two gigabit RJ45 Ethernet ports support LAN connectivity to larger commercial networks.
Like many modems, the unit is throttled by its 1 Gb/s LAN port, and 802.11ac WiFi limited to 1167 Mb/s. The headline data rate of 1.6 Gb/s is still important as it defines the unit’s spectral efficiency, which is important in achieving the best possible data speed while competing against other users for tower airtime.
Lower cellular bands are limited to 2×2 MIMO (< 1800 MHz).
- LTE Chipset: Balong 765
- LTE DL Category: Cat 19
- LTE DL Data Rate: 1658.20 Mb/s
- LTE DL Modulation: 256QAM
- Carrier Aggregation: 4C CA
- 4G Bands: B1, B3, B5, B7, B8, B20, B26, B28, B32, B38, B40, B41, B42, B43
- 3G Bands: B1, B5, B8
- LTE UL Category: Cat 13
- LTE UL Data Rate: 150.70 Mb/s
- LTE UL Modulation: 64QAM
- Max. MIMO: 4 x 4 MIMO
- Chipset: Balong 765
- MU-MIMO: SU-MIMO
- Max. Throughput: 1167.00 Mb/s
- Antennas: 2
- Max. Clients: 64
- Radios: 2
- 2.4 GHz (802.11n): 2 x 2 MIMO
- 5 Ghz (802.11ac): 2 x 2 MIMO
- Data Connections: 2x RJ45 Copper (100 / 1000 BASE-T)
- RF Connections: 2 x TS-9 Female PCB, End Launch
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 °C
- Power Supply: 12 Vdc 2 A, < 24 W
- Dimensions: 225 x 103 x 103 mmm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 614 g